Last Modified September 21, 2022
- Implementation Overview
The DNA Origins eCommerce Connector can support the following types of purchases:
- One time product purchases and License delivery, including multiple quantities and cart orders
- Subscription purchases and License delivery, Subscription Renewals and Subscription Cancellations
The following sections explain how to integrate Origins and software_DNA for each RevenueWire Product and
Subscription that will use software_DNA Licensing. In summary,
you will need to perform the following:
Within the Origins control panel
- For each Origins Product / Option, add and configure a "Sale Event Notification" to connect each SKU to software_DNA
- If a Subscription product, add and configure a "Profile Cancelled Notification".
Within the DNA Control Panel
- Create the Origins Connector for each of your
DNA Products using Origins
- Add the Origins SKU to the Connector,
and specify the License parameters to be used when generating
the License Activation Code for this SKU purchase.
Test the Connector
Issuing Test Orders from Origins will allow you to test the end-to-end process as experienced by your customers, including
the purchase order form and process on Origins, receipt of the License Activation Code, downloading your application,
installing and activating your application.
License Fulfillment to Buyer
When your customer completes their purchase, software_DNA will send the Buyer their License Activation Code
in a Send Activation Code custom email.
You can completely customize this email (FROM address, Subject, Body) from the Product Configuration screen, by clicking on
View / Edit Custom Emails.
See Customizing software_DNA Emails
for more information.
Notification Emails to you
You will receive the following Emails:
- Order confirmation emails from Origins
- Notification emails from software_DNA on a succesful transaction (if configured in the Connector)
- Error Notifications if any errors occured when processing the transaction and if software_DNA can identify that the transaction
was related to one of your Products. With some errors (ex: wrong ProductID), our Tech Support team will receive a
Notification Email and will contact you